Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Outfit post: Polka Dot Skirt

I'm wading in to this fashion thing. Every few months I realize that my wardrobe is a difficult, unpleasant sort of beast, but I don't know what to do with it, so I quietly lapse back into not much caring what I look like. I'm tired of not caring though. I still don't care if the rest of the world thinks me pretty, but I want to have clothes that make me feel pretty, or daring, or even stunning when the mood strikes. I still don't know what to do about it though. That's where this comes in...

I'm going to be blogging an unusual sort of fashion. I will post what I'm wearing now. I will not attempt to change my ways for the sake of a blog. Each post will include the pros and cons of the outfit and individual pieces. Later, when I'm ready to clean out my closet again, I will go back over the pictures and get rid of things that don't work. Every time I try to clear out the closet, every item I own instantly becomes my favorite, so hopefully photographic evidence will provide will-power. If you have something to add to my assessments, please leave a comment. I'm clueless here.

Today's outfit:
Polka-dot silk skirt with a cream silk knit shell and a tan cotton knit cardigan. The cardigan has a matching shell, but I prefer some contrast.

The air-conditioning in my office frequently blows down the back of my neck, so I grabbed a scarf just in case-

I like this outfit overall. The tan cardigan is a good match for the dots. What bothers me about it is the wonky necklines; they're too close to be contrasted and too different to match. The scarf improves matters a bit by covering that up and by adding an accent to draw attention upward.

I'm wearing my black flats. These are the shoes I wear almost every day.

For church tonight I dressed it up with the addition of my red heels


I also had buttoned up the cardigan because I was a bit cold. My intention had been to undo it before photographing, but I'm glad I didn't because now I see that it really looks great buttoned. It has a nice shape that is lost when it is left loose. Also, now the necklines are aligned. Still, those two items don't play well together.

Shoes! These are a size too big and the toes are stuffed with tissue. I don't wear them often, but they are adorable and I should.

Quote of the day:
I know who I am. No one else knows who I am. If I was a giraffe, and someone said I was a snake, I'd think, no, actually I'm a giraffe.
Richard Gere

No comments:

Post a Comment