Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hello world

Unfortunately, my room is worse than ever - thus the lack of updates in that department. But there are a lot of good things happening in my life right now.

Number one: I have a decent idea of what I want to do with my life. I was sitting in class one day, and one of the vague notions that have been flitting around in my head solidified and focused. Now I just have to convince someone that they want to pay me to do it.

My grandmother is celebrating her 90th birthday, and I get to be there. The being there part is not as easy as it sounds, but we're talking about good things at the moment.

I'm probably going to get to have my grandfather's 95 year old cousin, who is one of the most amazing people ever, all to myself in the backseat on the long car ride home.

My folks are doing really well in the new city - settling in, making friends, and enjoying the lovely weather and the trees.

My younger sisters are both being civil - even friendly - toward me.

I've managed to finish a couple of sewing projects. It is always a good feeling to put something together, finish it, and then be able to handle the finished project and see what was done. It's nice when the abstractness of school starts to get to me.

I can make notes on my flute. I can't make very many in a row without my lungs seizing up, but it's coming. Baby steps...

After the terrible scare I had, and then the freaking out about having to make up for two missed weeks of class, I think I'll be alright in all of my classes this quarter.

Goodnight world

1 comment:

  1. you know... I really need to pop over here more often.

    Oh & I love you too.

    ReplyDelete