Thursday, September 3, 2009

Grace


As a teenager, my family often called me Grace. They were mocking. I was anything but graceful. I was clumsy and awkward. Like many teenagers, I tripped over my own feet, ran into walls, dropped half the things I touched and was generally a walking disaster.

I'm no longer a teenager, but I am still not graceful. I'm awkward and clumsy, though not to the same degree as then. But more than that, I'm selfish and impatient. I can be demanding and sarcastic. I've learned to put on a good front and keep the snide remarks internal, but that is not grace.

However, my life is a many years long example of God's grace at work. I strive to be what God wants me to be and that includes being graceful, maybe not physically, but in my actions and interactions with others.

For these reasons, I have selected Grace as my display name.

The story behind my blog title and url is a little more complicated; it involves late nights, sleep deprivation, much laughter, and a simple statement that got taken far beyond it's original meaning. Perhaps one day I'll tell it, but not tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your little story here, its nice and I would like to hear the tale of the site name as well :)

    ReplyDelete